Also known as Cañón de la Salud because of the 18th century hermitage built over it where the Virgen de la Salud is venerated. The gate dates from the 13th century and the chapel is located between two towers of the wall. On the outside there is a coat of arms of the Catholic Monarchs and the so-called “Lápida de la Libertad”, which commemorates the taking of the city by the Catholic Monarchs in 1498 after the dominion of the Zúñiga family. There is also a funerary monument in honour of Bishop González Laso.
Anything to improve?